Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Kate Flint Intro

Hi
My name is Kate Flint and I am a senior in Environmental Engineering.
I am taking this course because I was briefly exposed to BIM in my second co-op (so I put it on my resume) and would like to be able to prove I know more about it than what the letters stand for and what 3D CAD of MEPs look like. I will be working for a construction manager after graduation and this will be very important to my career.
I want to learn as much about how CAD is implemented and how it has been used in past projects.  I also have very limited knowledge of Revit so any improvement in that would be great,
I think an Intelligent Building is one that is able to use current technologies to make the building as efficient and comfortable as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate! I agree with your basic definition of an intelligent building. The video shown at the beginning of the class showed how technology was used to create that building, while having some efficiency. I'm not so sure about the comfortable part of your definition though.

    ReplyDelete