Tuesday, March 8, 2016

B7 - Course Reflection - Haoying Ye - Group C

As a student for Digital Building Concentration, this is a required courses for me, before I decided to take this concentration, I was really confuse about what is concentration is related to, and what kind of job I should looking for in the future based on this concentration. I went to ask Prof. Mitchell, he told me that this concentration is based on BIM, there is a position in the company called BIM coordinator, this might be one of the position I can consider in the future. Therefore, I thought this might be a concentration which can help me to prove the skill on how to draw BIM model, such as Revit, AutoCAD, etc.

After take this course, I have a complete different understand about this concentration, how to draw BIM model is only a very small part for this concentration, we only had one assignment is related to Revit. Other than that, the main purpose for this course is help us to understand how to use BIM technology to improve the building in the future, not only for user experience, such as Sensors, green building, life cycle, etc. But also during the construction process, such as 3D printing, Robotics, laser scanning, etc.

Besides, there's anther very important part for the study of intelligent building --- Data Analysis. In this class, we learnt what is relational database, and how to use  Microsoft Access to create relational database. Actually,  before this I class, I have already took the other two class related with database, one is INFO 210 --- Database Management Systems, and INFO 203 --- Information Technology for Engineers, during those two classes, I learnt about database design techniques using the entity-relationship approach, techniques of translating the entity-relationship diagram into a relational schema. But that was just based on the basic theory about database, different with that, during AE 510, we were asked to create a real database, and this time, instead create by hand drawing, we need to create a relational database by Microsoft Access, although that assignment took me a lot of time to do the research, and gather records, but I think that was a really good experience for me to understand database more deeply.

Comments:
http://ae-510-ay15-16.blogspot.com/2016/03/b7-group-c-alexis.html?showComment=1457424794503#c1969545063584842960

http://ae-510-ay15-16.blogspot.com/2016/03/b7-or-b6-group-b-cummings.html?showComment=1457425047800#c7835217748619352553

No comments:

Post a Comment