Tuesday, March 8, 2016

B7 - Derek Zaccheo - Group A

This was a very interesting course. It really went into a lot of depth, as to what technologies are out there and how they can potentially impact the future of the construction industry. Personally I have never been in a class that was this unique and that covered so many different broad topics. It really helped me get a good sense of the industry as a whole and the specific areas that we covered.
                One of the aspects that I liked the most about this course was actually hearing from people in the industry talk about their work. Those presentations really helped me get insight into the industry and hearing about some of their life experiences can really help me when I go out into the world after college. My favorite presentation was Travis’s, he seemed like he was honest about his successes and faults and I think hearing about those life experiences really helped a lot of people in the class get a good perspective of what to expect in the industry.
                The only thing I didn’t love about the course was the database portion of it. This kind of seemed thrown in and didn’t seem to fit in with the overall theme of the class. I’m still a little confused on how to operate databases and how they really fit into the theme of this course. I get that it can be used for things like Revit and that it is a collection of databases but it just doesn’t really seem fit well into what we talk about.

                I feel that overall this class did affect my future as a civil engineer because now I will be out looking for these technologies. When my company wants someone to come learn software I will be the one to volunteer to learn it because as the industry shifts you must shift with it or get left behind. This class also really helped me understand that in the industry you can’t be afraid of change and that if possible you should embrace technologies if they could have a positive impact on your work. 

Reference:
https://www.evernote.com/pub/aengineer/ae-510#st=p&n=170d43e8-d352-4adf-badd-65c1b3687ea9

Comments:
Comment on Gary's post
Comment on Rebecca's post

No comments:

Post a Comment