Tuesday, March 8, 2016

B7 - Yuanjin LI - Course Reflection

In this AE 510 Intelligent Building course I get in touched with many different technologies that can be applied to buildings to make the building become intelligent. Like building information modelling, Revit, 3D printing, databases and sensors etc. Overall, I really learnt a lot new things from this course and I really think they are interesting and could help me after I graduate from Drexel.

Before this class, I barely know what Revit is and how this software work. After use it created a very simple model I realized that it is such a convenient BIM tool for architecture design. Besides, it is essential to be acquainted with how to create a Revit family since every building model has different requirements, and the objects inside the building cannot always be the same.

This is the first time that I get in touch with databases as well. Before this project I did not even know what a database is and why it is useful for human. After the assignment I cannot say that I became an expert of database, but I could say that I can explain to people what databases is and how does it work.

There is one more thing that I like about this course is Prof. Mitchell invited some guest lecturers that have different background come to talk to us. Trying to enrich what we could learn from this course. And they really did. It is really exciting to get some expert’s opinion on what we are learning and what is the real advantage and disadvantages. What aspect can be improved and what other technology that is also important beyond what we learned from school.

In addition, after this course I found that finish assignment is not the end. Intelligent building is a topic that we need to keep reading and learning and thinking about. Each of those topics included in this course is a direction that are related to building’s future and they will keep developing. Those technologies that we are familiar with like Revit modeling and 3D printing will always become more intelligent. We could never stop.

Comment
http://ae-510-ay15-16.blogspot.com/2016/03/b7-course-reflection-cristian-almendariz.html?showComment=1457491038701#c3850940772643561495

http://ae-510-ay15-16.blogspot.com/2016/03/course-reflection_8.html?showComment=1457491848902#c2686195275173561812

No comments:

Post a Comment